4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

4WH project: document how to chmod via FTP
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:01 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Mine should be ready in the next few days
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:07 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Any progress on this "project"?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:00 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Any progress on this "project"?

I think we should ask this to you as you are the member of 4wh team. I said how to do this with FAR. Was it added to the list?

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:03 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I am not dealing with this "project" at all. Peter is. That's why I'm asking Wink

Edit: BTW, your instructions with "FAR" don't seem very detailed Wink

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:09 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

FAR wasn't added because I didn't realise that you had done it. Please expand your text and illustrate it with a screenshot or two - have a look at the existing entries to see what I mean.

Peter

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:14 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

FlashFXP is coming soon, I'm just in the middle of redesigning freedom2support.co.uk, soon as thats finished it'll be the first thing I do.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
DrZaytsev
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:01 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi there,

I thought that that's so simple that I do not need to say more. Remember - small is beautifull Smile

Okay. I've made some screenshots and here is the text:

First of all, connect to your FTP server. Then select a file or a directory to chmod. The first dialog, asking do you want to change file owners, or simply permissons appears:

[FAR1.PNG]

Click on the "Change access mode" menu item. The following dialog appears:

[FAR2.PNG]

Tick desired permissions (R=read, W=write, X=execute) and hit OK. That's all!

If you have required rights and you want to change file owner and/or group, click on the "Change file(s) owner" menu item in the first dialog. Following window will appear:

[FAR3.PNG]

Set desired owner name and owner group and click on the OK button.

N.B.: You can CHMOD multiple files at on time. To do it just select multiple files (hit on Ins button to select a file; when a file is selected it's filename is coloured in yellow).

N.B.: Instead of the standard FAR's FTP plugin I strongly recommend you using ProxyFTP FAR Navigator - it's much more functional and convenient.

Good luck, young chmodders Smile I hope you'll enjoy this experience Laughing

Btw, if you will publish this somewhere, I want to be credited like this: "Submitted by Yury V. Zaytsev, http://www.binary-insight.com".

Kind regards,

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:32 am (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks Yuri!

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2