4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

4WH project: document how to chmod via FTP
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:31 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I've come up with what I thin would be a really useful project for us to undertake: document how to chmod files through our favourite FTP programs. So many people don't seem to know how to do this, that I think such a resource is necessary.

A few paragraphs, illustrated with screenshots, for each FTP program should suffice I think. I'm volunteering to do SmartFTP, who's going to do another?

Peter

Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:41 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'll do Transmit 1.7 for the Mac.

What format do you want it in? or should we just post it here?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:55 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'll do cute ftp pro...

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:58 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Text as either plain text or HTML
Screenshots as JPEGs or GIFs (you know when to choose which)

If you could email all the stuff to peter ##at## 4webhelp ##dot## net then I can assemble it - it's easier than scraping it from the forum Smile

Thanks,
Peter

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:32 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'll do it for FlashFXP when I get a minute Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:54 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK, the first information is being added at http://www.4webhelp.net/chmod/. Many thanks to Darren for providing the first tutorial!

Peter.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:39 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I use FAR (http://www.rarlabs.com/) with ProxyFTP Plugin for FTP.

Just select a right file and then press CTRL+A, select desired permissions and click OK.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:46 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm CUTEftp and Ben has beat me to it.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
DrZaytsev
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:49 am (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

JointComms wrote:

CuteFTP is shareware.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:07 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

DrZaytsev wrote:
JointComms wrote:

CuteFTP is shareware.

So what???!!!! I'm shareware too - any takers??
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
DrZaytsev
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:20 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

JointComms wrote:
DrZaytsev wrote:
JointComms wrote:

CuteFTP is shareware.

So what???!!!! I'm shareware too - any takers??

Laughing

I hate shareware. It takes some hours to hack it. Wink So I prefer free progs. And in plus, FAR is not only a stupid FTP client. It is an advanced File And aRchive manager and it can do really anything you want. It's a 32bit console - fast and effecient. Superpower text editor with multiple charsets and spellchecking. A real all inclusive swiss stainless steel knife Smile

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:38 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Come on guys!

So far I've had entries from Darren and kinetic. What's happened to the rest of you?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:01 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Peter wrote:
Come on guys!

So far I've had entries from Darren and kinetic. What's happened to the rest of you?

My Debit card is kinna playing up at the moment, so I'm on 0845 access as they can't seem to bill my anytime, I'll sort it soon though........
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:38 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oops, I did it but forgot to email it Embarassed

Ill mail it to you in a tick

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:47 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sent

Red and White Kop
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next