4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Missing posts and downtime
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:08 pm (21 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'll try and set the record straighter, although as Daniel was dealing with all this I don't know as much about it as I should.

With the downtime experienced by Cyberwings (and some other reasons I prefer not to go into in a public forum) it was apparent that we could not stay with them for much longer. 34SP had kindly offered a long time ago to host this site and had kept in contact with us.

The problem was the lack of a recent backup. Therefore we had to wait until this site reappeared. When it did, I believe Daniel must have sucked down a copy and installed it on the 34SP servers, and then changed the DNS details.

Due to the time for the DNS to propagate, you may have entered posts in the old forum which would not appear in the copy of the database at 34SP. I don't know if there's any way to disable a phpBB forum, but obviously Daniel did not do this.

For your information, moderators do not immediately delete posts from these forums - instead they are transferred to a confidential forum for moderators and team members until it is decided whether they should be deleted or reinstated. Therefore a moderator doesn't have God-like powers to delete posts - only to hide them from view. I hope that clears up things for those who belive we intentionally destroyed your postings.

My apologies to those of you who lost posts - hopefully from now on this site will have a smoother ride and will not have to change hosting providers for a long time Smile

Peter
Leader, 4WebHelp team

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: