4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Cyberwings is the "People's Internet"
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
fberardi
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:14 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

First;
I am not a Cyberwings or 4webhelp employee. I host on Cyberwings (Just moved three sites last month so WAS I SURPRISED when it all went down) and hope to soon begin making money there.

Second;
Thank you Shawn for not throwing it all away and running like so many here in the Silicon Valley of California did. I think your service is great, and your recent trials in no way change my opinion of your service. Maybe this event will strengthen you and provide a lesson or two. A little planning for redundant emergency backup might be suggested, but all in all, this is a way cool service. Credit goes to your staff for manning these boards for you too..lots of cranky individuals venting it all.

Third;
To all the "Whiners" here. Everyone loses money..then hopefully makes it back if you are smart and dedicated. Give the guy a break, imagine what HIS days have been like this month. Your problems are only one of the many problems he is trying to Solve. Say THANK YOU!!

Fourth;
I hope that the replys I receive will be from people who agree, or people who are re-considering their opinions after second thought, or people that disagree, but are willing to accept that they may not change my mind (try, but I warn you in advance I LIKE my oopinion), and are just wanting someone to hear what they think! Present your problem/viewpoint logically, not emotionally. Don't "crash" me. Life is bummer enough without your help dragging on me. Keep your whining out of my "earshot" please, I beg you!

I think I need to remind us "Fair means that sometimes YOU don't get any"

FB
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fberardiSend Personal Message
fberardi
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:45 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Having said all of that positive stuff, I realize that in some not-to-distant future, bad news about Cyberwings could arrive. If we lose our stuff, it will certainly hurt. But, it is still worth the bumps we must endure to help define the direction of the road (so to speak).
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:13 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't know if you're following this, but your stuff is as good as lost. CW are starting off with blank servers, since they can't wait forever for a court to give them access to their servers. See http://www.cwstatus.com/.

As to the staff manning this board, they are volunteers, and they have nothing to do with Cyberwings. Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:09 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, I have been following this. I have a full set of backups and I know I will have to restore them..Just waiting for the servers.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: