4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Cyberwings to Use Cogent Bandwidth
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:25 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oh My god, they are going to use the cheapest and **** bandwidth available, that really says it all!

To put it in my decent host's words :

"Their network and bandwidth sucks."
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:13 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How else would he be able to afford it? (He couldn't afford it anyway, but never mind Very Happy)

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:17 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Exactly, but I'll tell you a little story, ecommercediscovery used cogent for bandwidth, and basically, it worked fine for a while, but when there was problems with it in some way or another, they were awful at dealing with them, and in the end we changed other to Ardentcomm (formerly Cais)'s datacentres back in about March, since then, had minimal downtime, always fast and reliable connections.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:20 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Never heard of Ardentcomm...

But the general consensus (sp?) is that Cogent bandwidth is fine for non-critical sites (much cheaper for hosts which usually means lower prices for you), but it isn't suitable for businesses.

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:23 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Never heard of Ardentcomm...

But the general consensus (sp?) is that Cogent bandwidth is fine for non-critical sites (much cheaper for hosts which usually means lower prices for you), but it isn't suitable for businesses.

Yeah, they were Formerly known as Cais, were then renamed ardentcomm, and then were bought out a few months ago by Beyond the Network - Ardentcomm website has gone now though :S http://www.ardentcomm.com/

Cogent is fine, but ecommercediscovery have still been charging roundabout the same prices for ardent/cais bandwidth, as they did for cogent.....
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:25 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well does Cais/Ardentcomm have equivalent prices? If not, then you're getting a good deal Smile

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:27 pm (21 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have no idea, as the ardentcomm/cais website has been replaced by http://www.pccwbtn.com now, and I can't find the info on that site, but it is more expensive I know for certain
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: