4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

spam spam spam
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Poll :: Should Web sites that use email spam to promote themselves be fined or deleted

Shut them down
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Closed by Hosting Company
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
be allowed to go on as they do
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

yBOT
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:29 am (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Why do the responsible web developer and designers not get together to help fight spam?
as administrator on record for many .com websites I recieve thousands of spam emails as the email of record on the internic database. Even the best of spam filters do not block them all.

Why is it that a small group of jerks who spam to get attention for thier sites make all developers look bad? As a community of developers we are the only ones who can fight this desease, if we dont stop spam the internet as a whole is threated to choke on the wasted bandwidth of spam.

Whenever I have previously spoken out about spam, some have tried to tell me that trying to stop spam is the equivalant to sensorship..... that is hogwash... sensorship would be trying to stop people from getting what they want, spam is forced apon us like it or not! When was the last time you requested 100 emails for websites you have no interest in?

I just hope discussion groups like this will help to unite those interested in keeping the intenet open and stopping the spam that is choking it to death.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by yBOTSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: