4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Cyberwings - I've had enough
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:06 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

verto wrote:
Quote:
"Cannot Find Server"

... and later on ...

Quote:
"IMPORTANT NOTICE

ITFC Online Has Now Moved to Bluesweb.co.uk
Please Click here to go there"

...looks like he DID get fed up... Arrow Evil or Very Mad Shocked Sad

I can't say I blame him at all, though ... my uptime w/ CW was less than 33% before I asked for a refund.

Help Desk? Maybe he knows what kind of help he'll get already? Sad

Who do the rest of you host with when you're not 'on the cheap?' Wink Smile

I use ecommercediscovery.com, because I know if I get like under 90/5% I get a months free hosting, and I don't get any of this **** that I get with cyberwings, I've needed to contact support twice since august last year, and once was about a change in hosting plans, and the other was yesterday when the server was down for upgrading. Uptime since August 2001? 98.75% - says it all really
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:36 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
I use ecommercediscovery.com, because I know if I get like under 90/5% I get a months free hosting,

I use Verio because I know I'll never get below 98% uptime - there's no offer of free hosting like this because it never happens... IIRC since January the server has been unavailable for ~ 1 hour while essential upgrades were performed, and that's it. Of course it costs money, but it is serious hosting Smile

Peter

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:21 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Peter wrote:
Justin wrote:
I use ecommercediscovery.com, because I know if I get like under 95% I get a months free hosting,

I use Verio because I know I'll never get below 98% uptime - there's no offer of free hosting like this because it never happens... IIRC since January the server has been unavailable for ~ 1 hour while essential upgrades were performed, and that's it. Of course it costs money, but it is serious hosting Smile

Peter

Same here to be honest, It's happened to me once, and that was because that the datacentre had a router problem, and we had about 3 hours downtime, so I was given a months free hosting.

Apart from that I haven't had any problems, servers always up, and always fast, I've had since last August 98.7599% uptime, says it all really Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:00 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

And 98.7599% uptimes means you've had 4.5 DAYS of downtime Smile

With Verio I'm unlucky if I slip below 99.9%, which leads me onto the next question... how do you monitor your uptime? I have no way of getting such an accurate figure, and am going on other Verio users' data, as I cannot work out how to monitor it myself.

Thanks

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:16 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I use http://www.easymonitor.com, but they only check every 15 minutes, so it's not VERY accurate, but it's all I need.

Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:21 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You might want to read this:

http://www.cwstatus.com/qa.htm

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2