4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

PHP And IIS
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
jrHOSTING
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:10 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK I have installed a web server on Windows XP Pro (Information Information Services (IIS)) and PHP and I can hardly run any php scripts because I get loads and loads of errors Sad

Here is a example, The WbB install script:

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\sites\duranross\wbboard\install.php on line 71

Welcome to WoltLab Burning Board 1.1.1 Installation!

Click here to start the installation!

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\sites\duranross\wbboard\install.php on line 83

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\sites\duranross\wbboard\install.php on line 102

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\sites\duranross\wbboard\install.php on line 116

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\sites\duranross\wbboard\install.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\sites\duranross\wbboard\install.php on line 514

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\sites\duranross\wbboard\install.php on line 581

Notice: Undefined variable: step in D:\sites\duranross\wbboard\install.php on line 606

How may I fix this?
TIA
John
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jrHOSTINGSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN Messenger
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:58 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Go download apache, I think you'll find there are a few problems on IIS with PHP, I have always found PHP with apache to be more stable,
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:56 pm (21 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Could also be to do with the settings of PHP (or the version). PHP have changed the way variables are treated by default recently, so you'll have to look into that. Maybe a search @ woltlab.de would help you?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:26 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The IIS version for XP is just a revamped Personal Web Server (the server for NT Workstation and Win98,ME). It is worthless. Either invest in a server version of your MS software, or use Apache. XP DOES NOT make a good server Sad
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by zerothSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteICQ Number
GraFx Pro
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:33 am (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

zeroth wrote:
The IIS version for XP is just a revamped Personal Web Server (the server for NT Workstation and Win98,ME). It is worthless. Either invest in a server version of your MS software, or use Apache. XP DOES NOT make a good server Sad
XP OS OR JUST IIS

So tell me this...will Apache and XP OS run together? Right now I have IIS runing but have been looking at Apache (like in the tut. pc in to server)
I will need to uninstall IIS first before installing Apache and all of the other stuff, right?
From what I can see I will get more advice on Apache then IIS...

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GraFx ProSend Personal Message
norm
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:31 am (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It is possible to run PHP on IIS, at the company I previously worked for we have serveral installations of php running on IIS including IIS on Windows 2k Pro which is basically the same version of IIS that comes with WinXP Pro.

It sounds as though you haven't got your php.ini configured correctly. Make sure all the session paths are setup, variables etc and go thru the installation config with that on php.net to make sure everything is setup ok for Woltlab. I'm guessing that Woltlab uses some depreciated code that the php team are trying to discourage people from using in the run up to the release of php5 Very Happy. I'm just guessing thou Shocked.

Cheers,

Norm
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by normSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: