4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

[Fixed] Popup Ads Linking to Too Many New Windows
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Poll :: Which is your favorite ad on this site?

Bluesweb
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Fancy Rats
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CyberWigs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4WebHelp (why would you click this, doh?)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Red and White Kop
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Maple Design
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:11 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've never seen site ads do this before, and it seems a totally bad idea, so have to assume the ad coding (at the bottom of pages) is just really screwed up in some bizarre way. Wink Smile Shocked

When I click on the ad for www.fancy-rats.co.uk I get a new popup window w/ their site, PLUS the 4WebHelp window goes to their site as well. Confused Sad Rolling Eyes

And even if Justin's desperate for traffic to his sites, I'm not sure what happens on clicking ad for www.bluesweb.co.uk will please him -- I get FOUR windows with Bluesweb content in them; three are popups, and again the main 4WebHelp window gets a redirect to his site. Rolling Eyes Mad Confused Laughing Crying or Very sad Shocked

BTW, two of those popups for bluesweb have identical content (some kind of Bluesweb popup).

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:16 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, it's because Jayant has linked the cell and the link to the site I think. It should be fixed soon enough...

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: