4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Directory permissions and uploading
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Peter
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 12:49 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I've been having problems saving uploaded files or images created via GD to my server. My thinking was that because PHP runs as the webserver, I would only need directory permissions 755. However, I can only get it to work with 777 (not tried 775). Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Peter.

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 1:56 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

My knowledge is limited to Plesk, but every time I have tried to create a file in a directory, this directory ALWAYS had to be CHMODed to 777. That might be different on other systems, but most of them will probably be the same.

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 2:50 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just as a follow up:
Got GD working - not sure what the problem was, but I think it was me.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 4:48 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Peter,

I'm not so sure it is JUST you. I have a directory with chmod 777 (at CW) which I can't delete no matter what (I'm using Cftp). And it's driving me crazy.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 4:54 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

JointComms: That issue isn't really related (well, it is in a much more broad sense). Your issue is due to the ownership of the directory being that of the user as which the web server runs.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 12:54 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry 'bout dat guyz - slaps self on wrist and backs out of the room - red faced.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:09 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Laughing Don't worry about it too much Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: