4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Photo Gallery/Album research
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 4:50 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just wondered if anyone had any good examples of an online photo gallery/album.

You know the kind of thing; a bunch of thumbnails that you can click to enlarge the pic.

I would like to see examples that are well designed and user friendly. The only prerequisite is that they don't use Frames in any way, shape or form.

What kind do you find most user friendly?
i) thumbnail opens the enlargements in a popup window
ii) thumbnail opens the enlargements on a new page in the same window
iii) something else (please describe)

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 8:44 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I had a look at an example of this software, you're right it is good, especially for big photo galleries. I'm not really looking for scripts or software to download though.

Its just I need to do a photo album type thing for my Fancy Rats site, which will be on a less sophisticated, much smaller scale than 'Gallery'. I was really interested in peoples views on what makes a good or bad photo album. For example I have concerns about using popup windows as they tend to get lost behind the main window, that kind of thing.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: