4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

CyberWings -- for Resellers?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
animeFreak
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 4:59 pm (21 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

Why do you say that?

I do understand your frustration, but as to the subdomain issue, Shawn did say he would reimburse people who did not want to buy a TLD. Also, very few hosts actually offer subdomains off their TLD, so it is not surprising Cyberwings isn't anymore.

Sorry for the intrusion... but I have several personal accounts (all subdomains) at CW and when asked for a refund, they instead offer to transfer to a TLD for free. Quite frankly I cannot afford to buy several domains, and I wouldn't buy even one just for a personal site. Shawn shouldn't have posted it on the forum that he would reimburse those who's a/c are not working if he wouldn't go through with it... Mad

Why so many accounts? Blame it on the sales! Even worse.. I found out today that they have the cheapest sale ever.. ahh oh well, it's not like I could afford a domain.. I guess it's back to ad-hosts for me!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by animeFreakSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:06 pm (21 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

We don't mind intrusions Smile

Anyway, after they offered to transfer to a TLD for free, did you tell them that's not what you want?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:27 pm (21 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey Daniel! Thanks for the reply! Anyway, no I didn't tell them that... maybe I should have been more forceful! But I guess it's too late now since they are very busy.. oh well!

BTW, I actually found out about CW through your old F2S forums back in Jan. (like many others!) Good luck with this site and hopefully I can drop by more often.. if I have something useful to contribute that is he-he, bye (gotta go get lunch)! Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by animeFreakSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:57 pm (21 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's quite acceptable for them to offer to transfer your account to a TLD, and wait for a reply. If you didn't answer and say you didn't want that, well you can't really complain too much about not getting the refund Smile.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3