4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Favicons
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:00 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for writing the tuts Peter I'm sure they'll come in handy for many people.

In my case however, some people say they work others say they don't. On my own box, using IE6 no icons, none, nada, zilch ever show up in my favs list. Yahoo is supposed to work well but I've never succeeded in capturing the icons in the favs list.

Any ideas anyone?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:57 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Your browser might be corrupted, or it's probably yet another bug with Micro$oft IE that when your cache is cleared; the temporary favicon mask for the "favorites" folder could be discarded.

Thus unless you regularly visit the site then it will use the 'rel URI link' again and the icon shall be returned under normal circumstances, but it should be possible to grab a Yahoo favicon, so I guess check your browser settings first.

This code normally works for adding an icon in the address bar, but you might have to reload your browser first:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href=http://www.mysite.com/graphics/icons/mypage.ico />

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: