4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Cyberwings - EVERY SERVER DOWN
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:37 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Brilliant isn't it, picture this, you have someone who wants to make a biggish order, just about to order, the site goes down, not only does my main site go down, a large number of clients do too.

Not only that, every single server in Maine breaks down, are we kept informed via email what is gong on? No.

Well, This has gone far enough, action shall be taken if service is not resumed by midnight tonight, or I have an acceptable explanation for this.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:30 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have you looked at http://www.cwstatus.com/ recently?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:39 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

Yeah, have you looked at webhostingtalk? lately, check this thread, and I agree with what has been said in the first post :

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58274
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:40 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

Shawn/CEO wrote:
We do not legally need to subject ourselves to vulgarity or personal threats, and will not put up with that. EVERY person who gets vulgar or launches personal threats against ANYONE here will be kicked/banned and have their IP Mask information recorded.

I wonder if even Shawn knows what he's talking about here? Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Embarassed Shocked Surprised

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:29 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Shawn said in the chat room a few days ago that people had called him up and threatened him, and he's had a lot of problems with people being vulgar in the chat room...

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:26 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Very interesting: http://www.n2h.co.uk/cwann.htm

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:38 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think that man has the gall and the balls to suceed.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:18 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, I have to agree. He's gone from next to nothing to what he's got today: a company with thousands of customers. When we started 4WebHelp, he only had afew hundred customers, but in only a matter of months, he's grown tremendously. However, I was surprised to hear that he invested so much money into the company (although it does make sence: how could you charge so little and finance the DC and the servers).

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:14 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Shawn said in the chat room a few days ago that people had called him up and threatened him, and he's had a lot of problems with people being vulgar in the chat room...

When i checked your link, Daniel, at http://www.cwstatus.com/, I didn't see that kind of stuff in the transcripts -- anyway, glad it's not Justin he's threatening Wink Rolling Eyes Smile Very Happy

...also, if "Every Server Down," then how does this site stay up? Question Confused Surprised Smile

It's been up all weekend whenever I looked, although after the 4th, it got pretty empty in here. Is 4WebHelp's server in Texas, maybe? Wink Cool

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:16 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I meant every centre in the Cyberwings Datacentre, things in Rackshack have been fine, I won't show you my uptime figures, but I'll just say this, my other hosting has 2 more figures in than the cyberwings hosting uptime % has over the past few days.......
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:35 pm (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
"...my other hosting has 2 more figures in than the cyberwings hosting uptime % ..."

Do you still have clients you're hosting with CW, Justin? I'm trying to imagine what you'd tell them.

My guess's that you couldn't just send them that http://www.cwstatus.com/ link that's been posted in here ...

Would you promise them free services, like Shawn's doing? Question Cool

selpaw
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:27 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

Well.... what would you expect? People have paid money for a service that is not available. I do not blame them.

In fact I am also affected by this. I have one domain with them.

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:07 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Warp wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Well.... what would you expect? People have paid money for a service that is not available. I do not blame them.

In fact I am also affected by this. I have one domain with them.

I've already lost a large % of customers, therefore I have to increase prices for others to pay for upkeep of certain things, I have had no email for 5 days, and it's my main email account. Now I can't pay for my hosting with a decent web-host with myself as I am having to refund customers.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:08 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

verto wrote:
Justin wrote:
"...my other hosting has 2 more figures in than the cyberwings hosting uptime % ..."

Do you still have clients you're hosting with CW, Justin? I'm trying to imagine what you'd tell them.

My guess's that you couldn't just send them that http://www.cwstatus.com/ link that's been posted in here ...

Would you promise them free services, like Shawn's doing? Question Cool

I'm currentley pursuing the appropriate avenues about the bunch of cowboys that Cyberwings are, they have effectively destroyed my web-design services, and it will not be tolerated, Obviously I haven't shown them that page, because that it would be suicide to do so.........
boxcrash
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:36 am (21 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have no problems with Cyberwings....I am just curious why when I went to access my site that is was down. Then I tried to acces cyberwings.com. then I tried to log into my server/space.
Hmmmmm...none of these seem to have worked.

So what is the true story of cyberwings?
Are they down? And for how long?
I have recieved no emails about this situation.

I have some sympathy and understanding if they DO do all things by hand, manualy.
I would see where it would and could be forever to email every client.

So if anyone knows whats up....could I know?
Thanx. Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by boxcrashSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next