4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

chmodding files
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
fredmatrack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:46 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Is there a way to chmod a file using a php script. With Telnet or FTP I don't have acces to chmod files on the server so I want to do this with a script.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fredmatrackSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:03 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think there's a CHMOD function in PHP, but it might not work because of permissions. See php.net; I think it's chmod();

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:54 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

the chmod() function doesn't work. Thank you anyway.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fredmatrackSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:15 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Anyway, why can't you CHMOD files with FTP?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:23 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think they disabled this function or so
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:27 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Who is "they"? I've never heard of a host disabling CHMOD!

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:03 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

The administrator of the server.

It is an e-smith server that runs on a mac os. (www.e-smith.org)
Maybe the chmodding isn't possible for tis server. I don't know.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:05 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I would think that if you can't CHMOD using FTP, you won't be able to do it any other way. If Macs are like Windows, you don't need to do any CHMODing.

Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:37 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Unless its OS X Server which is based on Unix and therefore has the same file privileges etc.

Even on my desktop version of OS X it lets you change the file permissions via FTP.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
fredmatrack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:48 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I will ask the sytem admin.

Thanks anyway.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: