4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Matt's Insecure Scripts
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
roly
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:52 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

lol, I have heared that Matt's scripts are soo insecure and buggy they are ruining the reputation of Perl! Well I found a site thats supposed to replace Matt's Scripts Archive (no, the don'y stock the WWWBoard!) at http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
token
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:40 am (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'd like to hear more details on that, especially wwwboard. because my home ISP uses it and there's one failure after another. It's very popular, serving about 5 counties, but the admin insists on using it and says he'll never change. I'd like to set him straight in a friendly way.
And get this--with the paltry 5 mb of space my ISP offers with each account (which I really don't use) when I'm logged into FTP, I can navigate out of my directory, into the main users directory, and beyond, all the way to the /home root directory. Can you believe that? (smalltown ISP for you)
I wouldn't give a rat's ass, except that's my main email account, and wouldn't want a DOS to disable my internet account. I emailed support recently, saying they have a major security hole and should fix it 'cause some bright kid could get in there and mess things up, and a couple days later the wwwboard went down due to what the admin said was "bad html" in a message (who knows what he meant)
OK, enough rambling...

Ken
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by tokenSend Personal Message
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:42 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sounds like your ISP hasnt got a clue....

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
robert
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:27 pm (22 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Some ISP's just suck.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: