4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

CMS
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
loon
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:06 am (17 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Which one do you prefer?

1. Microsoft ASP.NET starter kits - Requirements: ASP.NET 2.0, MSSQL 2005/MSSQL Express
The ASP.NET 2.0 Starter Kits for Visual Web Developer are fully functional sample applications to help you learn ASP.NET 2.0 and accomplish common Web development scenarios.

2. Dotnetnuke - Requirements: ASP.NET 2.0, MSSQL/MSSQL 2005/MSSQL Express
DotNetNuke is a content management system ideal for creating and deploying projects such as commercial web sites, intranets and extranets,and online publishing portals.

3. Community Server - Requirements: ASP.NET 2.0, MSSQL 2005/MSSQL Express
Community Server is the award winning platform for rapidly enabling both small and large online communities.

4. nGallery - Requirements: ASP.NET 1
nGallery is a FREEWARE, OPEN SOURCE implementation of a image gallery written purely in managed .NET and C#. nGallery provides a solution to store and display your image galleries on your own Web site, as well as providing means for customizing and extending nGallery to your own personal likings.

5. Mojoportal - Requirements: ASP.NET 2, MSSQL 2005/MSSQL Express
mojoPortal is an Object Oriented web site framework written in C# that runs under ASP.NET on Windows.

6. Flexwiki - Requirements: IIS 5 or higher,ASP.NET 2.0
This is a collaborative forum where people can share ideas and record any consensus reached on difficult issues, along with rebuttal.

7. osCommerce - Requirements: PHP 4.1x, MySQL 5
osCommerce is an online shop e-commerce solution that offers a wide range of out-of-the-box features that allows online stores to be setup fairly quickly with ease.

8. Joomla - Requirements: PHP 4.x or PHP 5.x, MySQL 5
Joomla! is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet. It is used all over the world for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications.

9. phpBB - Requirements: PHP 4.x or PHP 5.x, MySQL 5
phpBB is a high powered, fully scalable, and highly customizable Open Source bulletin board package. phpBB has a user-friendly interface, simple and straightforward administration panel, and helpful FAQ.

10. wordpress - Requirements: PHP 4.x or PHP 5.x, MySQL 5
WordPress is a state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. More simply, WordPress is what you use when you want to work with your blogging software, not fight it.

11. Mambo - Requirements: PHP 4.x, MySQL 5
Mambo is a business-oriented open source CMS which was originally developed by Miro International. Miro founded the Mambo Foundation and transferred the ownership of the Mambo code and trademarks to the foundation. Mambo can be hosted on any server as long as it runs PHP and MySQL. Mambo is the perfect solution for developers and novice users alike who demand a simple yet elegant way to deploy professional websites rapidly.

12. Coppermine - Requirements: PHP 4.2 or better, MySQL 5
Coppermine is an easily set-up, fast, feature-rich photo gallery script with mySQL database, user management, private galleries, automatic thumbnail creation, ecard feature and a template system for easy customization to match the rest of a site.

13. PHP-Nuke - Requirements: PHP 4.2 or better, MySQL 5
PHP-Nuke is a Web Portal System or content management system. The goal of PHP-Nuke is to have an automated web site to distribute news and articles with users system.

14. PostNuke - Requirements: PHP 4.1.0 or better, MySQL 5
PostNuke is a tool that helps you to build websites. With a minimal knowledge of HTML and a webserver that meets the software requirements, you can build an impressive, dynamic website. All the hard work is completed for you by the PostNuke system, leaving you free to manage your website online through the easy to use administration panel.

15. Others

http://webhostforasp.wordpress.com
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by loonSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:45 pm (17 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I use Wordpress, though I've never used most of the ones you've mentioned.

I'm not sure if any of the PHP ones you've listed actually require MySQL 5 -- they should all work with MySQL 4.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:46 am (17 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

oh i see. why only wordpress?

I will check about MySQL 4

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by loonSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:29 pm (17 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

loon wrote:
why only wordpress?

It covers everything I need to do, it's easy to work with, is Free Software (as are most of the others you listed), and the Akismet spam filtering plugin works extremely well.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:13 am (17 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i use wordpress as well for my blog...

I having difficulty to put my membo up to my site. Do you know how to do that?

adam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:45 am (17 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What is membo?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:55 am (15 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

PostNuke is a tool that helps you to build websites. With a minimal knowledge of HTML and a webserver that meets the software requirements, you can build an impressive, dynamic website. All the hard work is completed for you by the PostNuke system, leaving you free to manage your website online through the easy to use administration panel.

Lisa11
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Lisa11Send Personal Message
haileyjonathan
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:22 am (15 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I use Word press for my blog....Most of time I use MySQL-4 only...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:06 pm (14 years, 12 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I still do things by hand myself but most of my friends keep switching to wordpress. It is much more lightweight than Joomla provided you don't install a ton of plugins. I used to be absolutely anti-wordpress because of security issues where wordpress sites were getting hacked constantly from 2006-2008. However it seems wordpress has cleaned up their act and I'd almost consider using them myself. Still I'm more of a DIY kind of person on most days.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:32 am (10 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Mostly i am using word press i had never tried any of your share list.
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:24 am (10 years, 8 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

wordpress is good...
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by onlinegurukulSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Cloudc.me
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 am (10 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Wordpress, other's have not been my priority and doubt about regular updates.

¦ DDoS Protected Hosting. Remote DDoS Protection in Europe.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Cloudc.meSend Personal Message
AlstonB
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:25 pm (9 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi, The hard work is completed for you by the PostNuke system, leaving you free to manage your website online through the easy to use administration panel.

----------
digital certificate
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by AlstonBSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: