4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Targetting a button
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
fgidigi
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:05 pm (17 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey there,

I am building this website with its own search engine.

Now I have a button [standard-input-FrontPage button] that I want to open in an iframe. I tried putting this button outside the iframe and it opens a blank page. But I want customers to see the results inside the iframe, which is on that same page.

so I tried putting the searchbutton in the iframe-page itself, but no matter what I do - the darn thing keeps opening in a new blank page.

The Button, in frontpage, does not have a menu to set a target, at least not in frontpage, so I did it it in the html code like this :

<form method=get action="javascript:void(0)" onsubmit="search(this); return false;">
<tr><td>
<div style="position: absolute; top: 102; left: 11; width: 659; height: 27">
<input type=text name=srchval value="" size="13">
<input type=submit value="Search" target="iframe"></td></tr>
</div>
</form>

It still doesnt work Crying or Very sad

Can anyone help me out? Maybe it is not possible to target a button???

thanx! /FIGIDIGI Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fgidigiSend Personal Message
Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:11 pm (17 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I cannot quite follow exactly what you are trying to do or which scripting language you are using but you may have to add an id attribute. I also assume you have given the iframe a name or id attribute too.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:28 am (17 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Robert,

I was not using any scripting language, just plain html with frontpage 2003. You ID tip did the trick. I just forgot to name that one.

Following your lead, while testing, I stumbled up a menu I had seen 1000 times before, but had not looked upon it close enough ...
There it was ... at the very bottom of the menu a special targetting item, for radio-buttons. So now I know, how to do it in html and using the menu's of frontpage.

I learn every day Very Happy

Thanx 4 ur help --

Figidigi
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by fgidigiSend Personal Message
Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:44 am (17 years, 6 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

No problem. Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: