4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Issues with using .htaccess/.htpasswd on Godaddy server
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
adubin
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:36 pm (17 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I am using the below .htaccess and .htpasswd file in folder wordoc I generated and I can’t access the folder or page inside the folder. I tried several different .htpasswd and none work so far. The sign-up window opens when go to URL http://www.tech-insights.net/worddoc so I know my path is correct. I am using the economy Linux hosting on Godaddy hosting. All the info that is in listing is currently active on the Godaddy server.

I have spent the last 24 hours researching my problem and so far I couldn’t resolve it.

I would really appreciate if someone could give a suggestion how I can solve this problem.

Thanks,
adubin Question
---------------------------------------------------------
.htaccess file Properties = 644

AuthUserFile /home/content/s/u/s/susan2/html/worddoc/.htpasswd/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Password Protected Area"
AuthType Basic

<limit GET POST>
require valid-user
</limit>

.htpasswd file Properties = 644

worddoc:c35C7qqUSWlqo

I used .htpasswd tools to generate this code (http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by adubinSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adubin
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:11 pm (17 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I finally got the htaccess to work. I was doing some more research on the Internet and came across this website (http://www.vinoline.com/help/). I used their .htaccess code and their password code generator and everything started working. That is a big relief to me.

adubin

Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:30 pm (17 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think part of your problem was here:

Code:
AuthUserFile /home/content/s/u/s/susan2/html/worddoc/.htpasswd/.htpasswd

That means your .htpasswd file would have had to be in a directory called ".htpasswd".

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: