4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Looking For Web Script...
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
jrHOSTING
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 4:56 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I require a web script that will allow a user to "log in", and be able to upload files but not delete or modify other files. It would be like FTP but "Web Based"

TIA
jrHOSTING - Upgrading phpBB Users To RC-3 Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jrHOSTINGSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:07 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You'll just have to remove some of the functions from it, so that people can't remove files, CHMOD, etc...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:18 pm (22 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

CHMOD won't apply as this is gonna be on a Windows NT Server Smile
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jrHOSTINGSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN Messenger
ShanoftheForest
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:06 am (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://flattext.com

Generates your Perl script online, then you pay a modest developer fee and you can download as many databases as you want. You get your configured script + search html with excellent clear instructions on setup - I started in Perl this way.

Can have just you as editor using your web based interface page, or anyone can upload, or midway, have uploads to a temp file you check before authorising it into your db. Can do a gallery too. I'm adapting it to have an authorised shortlist of members as editors.

see my
www.modelboatbuilder.co.uk (gallery)
www.forestfinder.co.uk (text database)
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ShanoftheForestSend Personal Message
JointComms
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:54 pm (21 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ShanoftheForest wrote:
http://flattext.com

Generates your Perl script online, then you pay a modest developer fee and you can download as many databases as you want. You get your configured script + search html with excellent clear instructions on setup - I started in Perl this way.

Can have just you as editor using your web based interface page, or anyone can upload, or midway, have uploads to a temp file you check before authorising it into your db. Can do a gallery too. I`m adapting it to have an authorised shortlist of members as editors.

see my
www.modelboatbuilder.co.uk (gallery)
www.forestfinder.co.uk (text database)
Shan, I couldn't find anything regarding the upload side.

I'm trying to find something for a contest, along the same lines as at http://activity.ulead.com/us/events/contest/pi8/form.htm

Can anyone help PLEASE.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JointCommsSend Personal MessageSend email
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: