4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Access 97 Form column width question
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
iwps
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:39 pm (18 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm using Access 97 to which I populate several forms with data. When the user clicks on a row in the form, I store the data from that table row, then close that form (returning the user back to the main screen).

Here's the problem: My table contains all of the information I need stored, including some data I want hidden from the user. In the past, I slid the next column over to hide the "secret" column(s) {essentially setting the width to zero}, but someone accidentally slid it back, and now everyone want's to know "What's that?".

If I set the field's width to zero on form load, at run time it's still there. If I set the forecolor to white (to hide the data), at run time it's still visible (font color black). Even if I change the width at design time, run time always reverts back to the width the user slide the column to.

Question: How can I hide the column data, data that I need Question
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by iwpsSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: