4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

suggestions for no-knowledge beginners easy start to DBs
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
marksalehouse
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:44 pm (18 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I am not bad at HTML and my personal site (informational & not business)is now large enough for me to consider a DB based site. However, I know nothing about PHP MYSQl or DB's in general. Sadly, I do not have the time to get into this stuff (I am a carer and a lot of time is eaten up).

What I would like is a simple program (for a raw beginner), easily installed on a PC without the need to download this, install that, create techie links for something else. Something that comes with it own DB, allows me to set and populate the fields, create my basic web pages and create a query and response page so that visitors can type a reference and get the info back.

I would also like it to be open source (free). I know this asks a lot, but all I want is something simple, which works first time and is easy for a novice - it does not have to be complex. Once I get this going then I will certainly consider other packages.

Any ideas?

Mark
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by marksalehouseSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:41 pm (18 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You might want to take a look at OpenSourceCMS.com - there's plenty to choose from.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:25 pm (18 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks Adam. I had a look there but did not spot anything that would appear to be what I am after.

Mark
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by marksalehouseSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: