4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Lyrics website requesting review
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
dotancohen
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:43 pm (18 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have just finished with a slight redesign of http://lyricslist.com

I would appreciate it if you could look at it and share your opinion. I wrote the site by hand in Kedit, on my home linux box. Because it is linux, I don't have access to windows or Internet Explorer. So if IE users could go through the site and tell me of any problems, that would be very much appreciated. Also, if you can test in other browsers on windows I would appreciate that.

I also don't have access to a mac, so if some mac users out there wouldn't mind spending a few minutes on the site I would be very happy to take their concerns into account and adjust the site according to their needs.

Thanks.

Once again, the URL is http://lyricslist.com

Dotan
[/url]
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by dotancohenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:35 am (18 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Overall it looks pretty good, though I do have a couple of points. I'm using a Mac, and in Safari the header looks odd - I don't think it looks how you're intending. (See http://astopy.net/images/lyricslist-safari.png). It looks very much the same in Camino as well.

The only other thing I noticed is that when you're viewing the forum all the links on the left of the page (i.e. Contribute, Browse...) are broken.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:42 pm (18 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You are correct- that is certainly NOT how I intended it to look. And after looking at it is IE on my university's computers I think that I see a common thread.

In IE I noticed that the google adwords 'float' out of their space to the right of the LyricsList header. And I see that you report that they do not show up at all! That is the reason for the funny lines you see...

Could you check if other pages on the site do this? I don't have access to a mac box and safari won't complie on linux. I very much appreciate the time you took to check that and the gif.

If other IE users could see about those floating google adwords, I would appreciate it as well. I just used the adwords code that google provided, and there is no dhtml or fancy css on the page.

Thanks!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by dotancohenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:53 pm (18 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

dotancohen wrote:
Could you check if other pages on the site do this?

Yup, it's the same on the other pages. It's also the same in Camino (Mozilla's Mac-native browser). The reason for the adwords not showing up is probably Privoxy, a HTTP proxy I use to filter adverts. I tried disabling it, but it didn't make any difference - I think the page might be getting cached somewhere, but I'm not sure where (probably my ISP).

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: