4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

FTP a local server
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
GOTANG
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:33 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi all,

I'm very new to all this hence my stupid question (I expect!).

I am running Apache on my XP machine. I need to change the permissions on a file but I am sure the only way to do this is via FTP.

SO my question is can I FTP the Apache Server on my local machine????

I have tried to FTP using Coffecup, but I don't know what I need to enter to connect to the server. (I have put localhost as the username and root as the initial host folder. But of course it won't connect.

Anybody help me CHMOD files on my computer. Smile

Cheers

GOTANG
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GOTANGSend Personal MessageSend email
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:48 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There is no such thing as CHMOD on a windows box, what is it exactly that you are trying to do?

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
GOTANG
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:38 pm (19 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Ben,

I am running Apace on my home PC so I can get my new website completed before I put it up on the net.

Because I am very new to PHP and MYSQL I don't want to waste bandwidth to do loads of tests and checks. Plus also I am trying to install a PHP/MYSQL Paypal payment script and it has resquested that I CHMOD a file to 777, but I can't find a way to do it without uploading to the online server.

Hence my question. Can I CHMOD to the Apache server running on my home PC??? I think the only way to CHMOD is to FTP the server.

Alternatively, is there a simple way to get a paypal shopping cart onto my website that is secure and doesn't require me to learn PHP in great detail.

Cheers

GT
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GOTANGSend Personal MessageSend email
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: