4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

NeverGrownUp.co.uk
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Melter
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:14 pm (19 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just launched my new site if anyone cares to give me some feedback and about any browser glitches. I've got to get more content built up now, so I am aware of that one. Thanks.

NeverGrownUp - For big kids only

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by MelterSend Personal Message
priyanka-m6.net
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:29 am (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,
Site is looking ok, just not liking the color combination. For background you have taken a dull color ,then in header its DarkRed(looking ok),then light orange,yellow. This combination is making the site look somewhat dull. you also need to change your font style.Structure of site is good. Good try!

We help in making your dreams come true on internet
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by priyanka-m6.netSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:50 pm (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You should validate your HTML, your site doesn't render correctly in Safari (though Firefox does get it right).

Other than that, I like your layout and don't agree about the colour combination - I like it Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:14 pm (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Disregard previous posts. Didn't like the last version so I'm now on version 3 and I like this one the best and won't be changing it significantly again anytime soon. If you do see any problems though I'd be grateful to hear about it. Thanks.

adam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:49 pm (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I like this version more than the previous version, but it still doesn't render quite correctly in Safari (One, Two). Again, I suspect this could be fixed by using standards-compliant HTML.

There's also a problem with Firefox - some of your text overlaps.

Having said that, there are lots of good points about your design. I like your logo, and the Google ads are well integrated into the design.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:24 pm (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for that Adam. The screenshots are useful as I don't have access to a Mac. The Firefox one is odd as that's my primary browser and it appears fine here. Are you using the latest version?

Can you do me a favour and have a look at one of the category pages like Audio to see if that renders okay for you (that's for the main content not the side menu).

Thanks.

Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:38 pm (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have the same problem as Adam on Firefox running on Windows XP, so the platform isn't the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:17 pm (19 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Melter wrote:
Can you do me a favour and have a look at one of the category pages like Audio to see if that renders okay for you (that's for the main content not the side menu).

The other pages render fine in Firefox, so it must be something specific to the home page. And yes, I'm using the latest version so it's not that Smile

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: