4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

E-books
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Ralph Bradshaw
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:05 pm (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

how do I stop people copying my e-book from my web page
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Ralph BradshawSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:05 am (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Adobe Acrobat (at least version 6) offers security options which enable you to require a password for editing and/or printing. That should be what you need...

The relevant checkbox is marked "Enable copying of text, images, and other content".

Otherwise, if you're not using the PDF format, you could just create images with your text in them, and watermark them.

Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:41 am (19 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's worth mentioning that there's no perfect way of stopping people copying them, there are only ways to make it harder to do (such as what Daniel mentioned). The bottom line is that if someone can read the data they can also make a copy of it; that's something you just have to live with when publishing material online.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: