4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Prob calling .exe programs on Win XP, where .exe uses Socket
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
iisaphpache
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:29 pm (19 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have a Web Application currently deployed successfully on HPUX and Linux,,,,,,,, HOWEVER,,,, when I installed it on Windows XP I found that one of the programs that I run via exec() will not run under Apache 2 or IIS 5.1.

I run several other .exe files that run fine on all platforms, but this one program, gateway.exe, that uses a socket to communicate with other machines on the network will not run.

I can run gateway.exe from the command line and I have checked the permissions on the file to ensure that all users have full permissions.

Since the behaviour is the same on IIS and Apache, I believe it to be a problem with the php.ini file or the XP machine itself. But being raised on Unix, Windows is just too confusing for me.

The creators of gateway.exe are less than willing or capable of helping me on this issue.

I have verified that the IP Security Policies are not assigned and that the Internet Connection Firewall for the IP connection is Off.

We use this machine on our intranet only, so security should be less of an issue.

But there is a bunch of stuff in Local security Settings that I don't understand. If you have any specific items I can check it but I'm not a windows admin by any means.

Please help.

Question

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: