4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Banner
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
star
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:26 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi all. Very Happy
I've got a tricky banner which I can't sort out at all. It's looking great on an 1024x768 resolution but on an 800x600 the banner is overlapping. I've been asking a lot of people about this but they so far haven't been able to help. Is this it? Can I get the banner to look right in both resolutions or is this an impossible thing to do?
Please help if you can.
Very Happy

Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:26 am (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I take it your referring to the website in your profile.

I would sugguest you make the banner graphic an appropriate size for a resolution of 800x600. So the graphic should be about 760 pixels wide (this allows for margins scrollbars etc)

Then so that it still looks right on higher resolutions you should make the colour of the table cell which contains the banner the same colour as the background of the graphic (ie dark blue). You might also like to center the image within the cell. This will make it look like the banner is expanding to fill the space.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
star
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:39 am (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Darren Smile

Yeah it is the banner from my website. I can get the banner to 760 pixels but as I am such a novice to this I cannot alter the background colour. Embarassed Do you know if there is anybody who I may ask to help me with this problem?
Thanks. Very Happy

Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:14 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

We should be able to help you right here. I did think the banner was in a table, but it turns out it is actually a div with the CSS style 'logostrip' applied to it.

All you will need to do is alter this style from:
Code:
#logostrip { border:2px solid #006699;background-color: #0093C4;background-image:url(http://ifskinzone.net/ooze/skins/newworld/strip.jpg);padding:0px;margin:0px; }

to something like:
Code:
#logostrip { border:2px solid #006699;background-color: #0E1A2E;padding:0px;margin:0px; }

That should work OK if you leave the banner graphic over to the left, but if you want it centred you will have to make sure the graphic is a consistent colour at both ends. at the moment it is darker on the left side.

As well as changing the colour you'll notice I also left out the tiled background gradient image as this would have covered the background colour.

Hope that helps
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
star
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:25 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Darren. Smile

Banner all sorted now. Thanks for your help. Very Happy

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:10 pm (19 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If not a little distorted, there was a reason I didn't suggest setting its width to 100% Wink
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: