4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

CSS Float on right side
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Arzaic
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:17 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've tried searching for this topic, i hope it's not a repeat.

I'm learning CSS to convert my site, but i've run into a snag that i can't seem to find help for.
I am trying to have at least 2 boxes on the right side of my page, I can't get the second box to float under the first; it just moves to the right of the first box. How do you do this?
I have an example, please help!
http://www.jadecrux.com/arzaic/design/tester3page.htm
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ArzaicSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Robert Wellock
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:35 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Depending upon how you position the divisions; affects how you define them, basically when using CSS float: applying clear: should help push the boxes down. Though for whatever reason you chose to use 'position: absolute;' for the 'div#writers' when there was no real need and a simple float:right and clear:right would have done the trick.

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:48 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

thanks. the absolute positioning was just the last thing i tried before giving up on myself.

I still can't seem to get it to work correctly. when i do get it to stick to the right under the Feature section (#more) it also moves the content area down. where must i put the clear? i tried putting another div area for just clearing, after #more, that works for the right side, but moves the middle content further down with it.
I tried putting the clear in both #writers and then #more. that did nothing.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ArzaicSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Arzaic
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:58 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Alright, so i suppose that you cannot have 2 right floating elements without knocking down a center column with the clear? When i use clear: right; it makes the right column how i like it, but it moves the #content down. How can i get the content to stay at the top?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: