4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Windows XP
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Poll :: XP Pro Or Home?

XP Pro
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
XP Home
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Both / Partiton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:37 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

the CD includes two full-length music videos, in several formats - so it probably wasn't everything Wink

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:40 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There was at least 15 for version B of 95, I've read that the inital version of 95 was 13, though I can't verify that, for B they didn't have Everything that was on the CD such as the game hover and the extras on the CD that don't get installed even with a full install, but have everything else, they're all cab'd up if my memory serves me right, so it compresses them a bit, but it is a full version, and has everything your typical 95 installation has.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
SfCommand
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:30 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
As far as I know, only operating systems released before Windows 95 fit on floppies, and you probably won't find them on the net (I have 3.1 on a PC, without the floppies, and have found nowhere to download additional files which have been deleted, corrupted, whatever).

However there are a number of floppy-based/lightweight Linux distributions out there, if you're interested.

/me still has his origianl windows 3.11 disks (or discs???) and also has 2.x on a 5 1/4" floppy, but alas I have no 5 1/4" floppy drive Very Happy

http://community.34sp.com
http://www.miguel.me.uk | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk | http://www.ssdg.org.uk
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SfCommandSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:32 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

3.11 was on three and a half inch floppies and there was six main disks, with two used for drivers, whilst Dos 6.22 was on 3 floppies, I still hav them here.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
SfCommand
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:42 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yep, I still got my dos 6.22 disks, AND I even still have my M$ Word 2.0 discs, and MS Works something or other disks Smile

http://community.34sp.com
http://www.miguel.me.uk | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk | http://www.ssdg.org.uk
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SfCommandSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:10 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have works 3.0, Word 6.0, Excel 4.0, Dos 6.22, Fine Artist 1.0 on 3 disks, IE 3.01 for 3.1 on 4 disks and IE 3.02 for 95 on 5 disks!
Zack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:00 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
I've read that the inital version of 95 was 13, though I can't verify that.

you were 1 out its 14 disks including a boot disk.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ZackSend Personal Message
Teddy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:58 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

My old Win95 upgrade was on 21 floppies..
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by TeddySend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:19 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Both as rubbish as each other, you only need pro really if you need to join a network domain.

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Teddy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:52 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Or if you're interested in advanced user management, or IIS.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by TeddySend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:41 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Get a 365 day trial of Windows Server 2003 for Microsoft and run it as a workstation, and it'll beat the reliability of anything, when the 365 days run out, order another copy of the trial and use that and repeat to fade
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:22 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Teddy wrote:
Or if you're interested in advanced user management, or IIS.

Why would anyone be interested in IIS Wink

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:23 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
Get a 365 day trial of Windows Server 2003 for Microsoft and run it as a workstation, and it'll beat the reliability of anything,

Well, my XP pro hasnt crashed once in the last year or so, I still dislike it though Smile.

Fedora is looking good though Smile

Red and White Kop
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:22 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

get fedora; you won't regret it Smile

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:30 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have it, only for testing really, though I am tempted to replace a win2k domain controller in work with a samba based one on fedora cos the windows box is weeing me off

Oh and I have a crappy ensim bos that will need to have it, and maybe a cpanel box unless rackshack give enterprise linux away for free.

Red and White Kop
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2