4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

.htaccess
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Zack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:23 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i try and access my site the login box pops up like its meant to but when i type in my username and password it doesnt work the box carries on poping up 3 tmes and then says:

Quote:
Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ZackSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:36 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

my guess would be that there's a problem with the contents of .htpasswd itself, what did you use to generate the encrypted password(s)?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:45 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I used the password tool on this website
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:21 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

in that case I can't see why this isn't working...does anyone else have any ideas?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:49 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hi,

i am experiancing exactly the same problem with the same host.... did you manage to solve the problem in the end?? if so how? cause i would really like to now how this is done and if there is something that i am doing wrong!!!

My .htaccess and .htpasswd files are exactly the same as above except i have the .htpasswd file in a folder.

any help would be appreciated!!

cheers Crying or Very sad
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jamin100Send Personal Message
Zack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:18 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hi i havent solved the problem so i am currently trying to find a new host which is hard ...... Shame because they are such a good host for everything else.
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:50 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Are you hosted on a Windows server by any chance?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:58 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

im not sure but i upload via FTP
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:51 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What's your site's address?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:24 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

My Website Address Is : http://muirsweb.united.net.kg
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:00 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As a test, try using plain text passwords and see if that works, if it doesnt its must be to do with the path to the password file rather than the file itself

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Zack
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:07 pm (20 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i have tried that and it still isnt working so iv got to look for another host that supports it. i dont mind paying a SMALL fee but the site has to accept SOLO payments
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2