4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Advanced Guestbook Admin Login Problems
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
bluesguy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:51 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've had this problem before and the answer was on proxy2.de's forum.. unfortunately, the forum is down.. guess I should have written it down for future reference Smile

After installing Advanced Guestbook and setting up the table, you can view and sign the guestbook, but the default login info will get you to the first level of the admin menu, but when you try to go to Easy Admin or any of the other menu choices it dumps you back to the login screen.

The solution was simple when it happened before.. wish I remember what it was... any ideas?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by bluesguySend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:17 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Funny - sounds like a cookie problem except that AFAIK there are no cookies involved: the auth info is held in the query string. You might want to try another browser though, just in case it does use cookies and your browser is refusing them.

Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:43 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

you might wanna try http://www.archive.org and see if you can locate the old page Very Happy

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
bluesguy
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:21 pm (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for the replies.. I've tried it on 2 different computers with different versions of IE.. I'll get Netscape a try, but there was some setting that I'm not remembering that was on the forum. I tried the "wayback machine" at archive.org, but it somehow linked to the phpBB that proxy2 is using and gave me the same error as just going to the forum directly.

UPDATE: Not sure what I did, but I kept tweaking the config file and it finally works Shocked
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by bluesguySend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: