4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Looking for single password login script
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
m7d7g7
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:08 am (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

ok.. it's still not working. Confused I will tell you exactly what happens. when i go to my login.html [with just the login form] and enter the password 'pass' i'm redirected to the blank login.php [the script]. Thats it. If i navigate to the page that i'm protecting it says "You cannot view this page." even though i entered the password. It it helps i only want to pass protect one page. are you sure the code is ok? I tried a bunch of diffrent stuff and cant seem to get it figured out.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by m7d7g7Send Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hmm, now that I think about it, you may need to put session_start(); at the top of all the pages (after <?php)

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:24 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

nope.. that doesnot work either. I searched around for a script on hotscripts, but couldnot find any that were just a single password to enter. Rolling Eyes
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by m7d7g7Send Personal Message
Nebooaw
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:07 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi, i have tried you example as it is almost what i need but i just get Undefined index: whenever i run the pages before i enter in a password.
The redirect page comes up when a valid password is entered but the same message again Undefined variable: _SESSION.

Any ideas?

Can you show me how to use this code with a flat file containing a password and username? When someone enters a valid password the redirect page says "welcome Pete"?

Kindest thanks.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by NebooawSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:28 pm (20 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

if $_SESSION is undefined, chances are you're using an old version of php. try $HTTP_SESSION_VARS instead.

to use a file containing a username/pass, the easiest (and best) thing to use would be HTTP Authentication

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2