4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Domain Transfer from Easyspace to Go Daddy
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:47 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just wanted to let you people know how it went, just in case someone else wants to do the same thing Smile.

First thing to say is that it was a .info domain. Apparently (and I didn't know this until I started this process), .info domain names aren't transferred the same way as .coms: you get an authorisation code from your old registrar and give it to the new one and that's it (it copies all whois info by itself).

So I started the transfer request, even though I'd heard horror stories about Easyspace asking for bundles of money to let domains go. What made me move is Easyspace's bad support and them asking me to renew my .info domain for 2 years even though their price list had a per year price on it Evil or Very Mad (and the fact that everyone else manages to do it for one year so why can't they? - I know there was a rule at the very beginning about the length of registrations but there obviously isn't any more).

After about half an hour, GoDaddy emailed me asking me to approve the request, which I did, but then it asked for some authorisation code. Unfortunately they didn't think it was appropriate to tell me what this mysterious code is Surprised. So I spent a while searching around the web to find out, and basically came to the conclusion that your old registrar has to give it to you. Most of them actually have it displayed on their account management page. But oh no, that would be too easy for Easyspace Rolling Eyes: I had to email them and wait three business days (and I emailed on a Friday Sad) to get it (the first reply was: "We've sent it" which of course they hadn't so I had to ask a second time...).

So I proudly keyed in my authorisation code and GoDaddy now told me that the transfer was "Pending Registrar Acceptance". I thought this would take a few minutes since I now had the silly code to authorise the transfer. But no, this step lasted a whopping 5 days (don't ask me what was happening during this time - I don't know!). I finally emailed GoDaddy yesterday to find out what was happening and enquire about a refund (since I assumed something had gone wrong), especially since the transfer price had just gone down Wink. Today I got a reply: your transfer has been completed. Just like that, out of the blue! Shocked Now I don't know what happened after I contacted them but whatever did made the transfer go through all of a sudden (which makes me suspect something was forgotten/went wrong).

So now I'm happy as can be with my domain name as far away as possible from horrible Easyspace Very Happy.

Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:55 am (20 years, 5 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Poor Easyspace... They can't get over the shock of it Very Happy

As far as they're concerned, the domain is still with them, so I can login and make changes (contact info, nameservers etc...). They've just sent me another reminder about renewing the domain Laughing

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: