4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

(Webmonkey) Another Look at Mozilla
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:51 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Webmonkey have an article about mozilla. The author gives quite a nice summary of what he thinks about the browser and talks briefly about the browser's future.

Michael Calore wrote:
On January 16th, 2004, the Mozilla Organization, still in its relative infancy, released version 1.6 of Mozilla to the public. The suite of applications is centered around the open source Mozilla Navigator browser. The browser is bundled with Mozilla Mail, a robust mail client and news reader, and Composer, a simple HTML editor.

I know what you're thinking: "Ho hum. A new version of a browser, no big deal." But it turns out that, ever since mid-2003, Mozilla's development has become quite a big deal.

I've been using nothing but Firebird for a long time (neither having nor wanting IE), and I can safely say it's the best browser I've ever used - both from the point of view of a normal user, and a webmaster. What does everyone else think about the mozilla family of applications?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:03 pm (20 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i like mozilla a lot and i think that is my favorite browser however i use firebird sometimes as it loads quicker and is a lot more stripped down. On the whole mozilla is better though. i also use thunderbird which is a lot like outlook but with the handy extra feature where it actually works..

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: