4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Can't connect to MySQL database
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Akachi
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:04 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hi there !!!

I'm using the Yahoo webhosting service ( support MySQL db ) - i have created my database username ( with pass Very Happy ) then I use phpmyAdmin to creat database name : forum. So i typed information for install forum ( phpBB 2.0.5 )
[ suppose my database username is : akachi
database name : phpbb
database pass : password ( Smile ) ]

i typed them into the Database information, then click process, so... the window shows : Critial Erro : Can't connect to the database.
i have tryed with Invision board but.... result like made with phpBB 2.0.5

don't know Yahoo webhosting had gone wrongway or phpBB ver 2.0.5, ibf ver 1.1.2 had.. Question

anybody can help me, please post reply as soon as well Smile

or mail for me ( that's really good ) ys_akc@yahoo.com ( or via YIM )
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by AkachiSend Personal MessageYahoo Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:02 am (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It's certainly not a problem with the two boards you've tried. Isn't there a Yahoo! FAQ which explains which settings you're to use to connect? Also, what address are you trying to connect to? "localhost"? Yahoo! may have a special MySQL server in which case that wouldn't be the address...

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:15 pm (20 years, 9 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

oh, thanks for pay attention Wink
that's not error or anything like that, i didn't read the FAQ of Yahoo Team Smile
just write "mysql" in the place which i writen "localhost"
thanks a lot
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by AkachiSend Personal MessageYahoo Messenger
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: