4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

toggling css classes
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Andilinks
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:40 am (20 years, 7 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi I'm Andi, I'm new here and definitely a newbie with Javascript, though I have done a few things with it on my site over the last 18 months. I don't really *want* to take the time learn js coding for the few times I need it. I have enough trouble keeping up with VB.

Not being a web designer I often am referring to books, sites, and source code files to effect the design I want for my one and only site.
Usually that works, but this one has me puzzled for now, I have spent some time copying things from the css Zen Garden site, but I'm obviously missing something.

Here's the question:

How can I place a link or button within a <TD> cell that toggles the class of that cell?

I want to toggle between this:

Code:
<TR><TD class="class1">

content

</TD></TR>

and this
Code:
<TR><TD class="class2">

content

</TD></TR>

I have found this script at dhtmlkitchen.com, which seems to be what I want, but but I don't know how to implement it with a button or link:

Code:
function toggleClassName(obj, class1, class2){
    obj= getRef(obj);

// obj.isClass1 will be false the first time.
    if(!obj.isClass1){
        obj.className= class1;
        obj.isClass1= true;
    }
    else{
        obj.className= class2;
        obj.isClass1= false;
    }
}

Any help would be appreciated. I am going to use this to toggle between columns and rows of text presentation, I have already worked out the css details on the two different classes for doing that, it is the toggling script itself that has me stumped.

Andi
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by AndilinksSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: