4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Need some comments
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
addvalue
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:11 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have a look at http://www.addvaluehost.com and appreciate your comments.
This is done by a web designer which is also our client.

1. Do you think that it is too colorful?

2. Do you find the logo looks childish?

3. Visit our forum, http://forums.addvaluehost.com and do you find problem
reading them?

Thanks
Jerry

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by addvalueSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Kdawg
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:25 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It is dificult to read the text "Your strategic partener in hosting solution" inthe top baner.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by KdawgSend Personal Message
addvalue
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:42 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Besides that?

What about the overall color, too fancy?
And the forums?

Thanks!

OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by addvalueSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:50 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

There's a problem with your logo sizing, which seems to vary depending on my window size.

The flashing "Client Login" button is a no-no - it's too distracting, and isn't appropriate for most of the people visiting your site: potential customers.

The box which has "Free File Transfer" in it, as well as the one below it, need some cellpadding.

The red links used on the forum are too difficult to read, as is the grey hover colour.

As to the overall colours, I find them a little childish, not really because of the colours themselves, but because there are way too many of them. A good colour scheme should have two or three main colours, and then only variants on these. You have over 10 of them! Wink

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:17 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Setting the header image's width with a percentage so that it gets stretched and squashed depending on the window size is not a good look - have to admit I didn't even realise it was possible.

I would agree with your own assessment that it is a bit too colourful, not necessarily in terms of the brightness of the colours but rather the amount of different colours. This may be OK in some situations, but your trying to sell people a serious service. I would definitely consider limiting the palette. Also ensure that the colours that are chosen are complimentary to each other e.g cyan on orange doesn't work well.

In terms of the logo - I'm not keen on the choice of font used for 'Add Value Host'
It just seems very dated and inappropriate for the subject matter. I don't think the balls 'add any value' at all.

The HTML could also do with sorting out - there looks to be about 3 separate pages pasted in to one document i.e. 3 sets of <html></html> pairs

In ther forums the header images breaks apart causing several gaps to appear.

I personally find the colours used in the forums a rather odd mix. The brown/white category cells and the purple/orange column labels aren't very complimentary to the rest of the theme.

I'm not sure why the background is now blue when on the other pages it was white. Its just another colour for the already wide variety of colours to fight against.

The red forum titles are very hard to read against the blue cell colour. Whilst the hover colour makes them almost invisible.

Hope that helps Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
addvalue
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:40 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

All comments are really good one. We appreciated it.

Well...it is really hard to pleased the world Very Happy

We have 164 clients as of today. I could tell you that
at least 100 of them asking us in the past; before we make
the client login blink, "where can I login in your front page to
file support ticket? I can't see the login buttom." Laughing
So, we pleased them by putting up a flashing icon and now
it is prominent to them. We do not receive that question
thus far Smile Quite effective.

We are not really concern over web design but we do receive
comments from clients that our previous webdesign is too boring
and pale. So, we get the designer to put up some colorful
theme to brighten them... Smile We are group of system admin
that are also webpage design idiot Crying or Very sad . Any webdesign will
looks good to us. Laughing

The forum portion, we really need to change as soon as
possible. Especially those red link which is hard to read for
some clients. Afterall, the forum consist of the knowledge base
there and should be easily read and browse through.

Anyhow, thanks for the great comments. I guess most of the
comments here and elsewhere are tantamount. We deeply
appreciate that.

Will sort them out soon and you will see us contributing to
this forum on our area of expertise. Cool

Take care guys!

vulcanpimp
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:37 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

well to be perfectly honest I hate it. The logo looks terrible. and the colors in general are pretty wretched.

Its worth learning a bit of photoshop because if things don't look good then people click off immediately.

[edit by Justin] Encouraging users to steal other sites designs and code and related elements will not be tolerated here [/edit]
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vulcanpimpSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: