4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Good Image Gallery script anyone?
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
norm
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:54 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a decent image gallery script written in php? Using a mySQL database or something similar. With an easy to use upload program and auto thumbnail/scaling options.

Cheers,

Norm Wink
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by normSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:07 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Gallery doesn't use a MySQL database, but it's arguably one of the best scripts out there:

http://gallery.menalto.com

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:11 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks Daniel for the tip Wink .

I've just got it up and running. Check it out at: http://www.normsland.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery/

Cheers,

Norm Very Happy
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by normSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:53 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

So, would you agree on my assessment of the script? Very Happy

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:41 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Coppermine is good too http://www.chezgreg.net/coppermine/

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:43 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for that Ben. I'd never heard of the script, but it looks quite good, feature-wise and design-wise.

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:56 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

not tried the latest version, using beta 3 or something cos there a mod for yabb se integration

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
norm
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:11 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
So, would you agree on my assessment of the script? Very Happy

Yes the script is very good. Looking forward to v2 Very Happy .

Although it was a bit of a pain to setup when you are using 34sp.com for your webhost like myself. I mean look at this for instructions.

Oh well... Cheers...

Norm Wink
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:14 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, hosts using safe mode and open_basedir often cause problems with Gallery, however it's very nice to have a detailed tutorial explaining it all. Arrow Up I installed a copy of it on a CPanel host in a matter of minutes (no safe mode or open_basedir, just some CHMODing needed). Smile

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:21 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:
Yes, hosts using safe mode and open_basedir often cause problems with Gallery, however it's very nice to have a detailed tutorial explaining it all. Arrow Up

The tutorial instructions are very good. Clear and concise. I've always found 34SP to be very helpful.

Cheers,

Norm Wink
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: