4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

EIRC can't connect
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
ThinkGeekness
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:09 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I have tried multiple servers but I can't get EIRC to connect. For an example, I have:

Code:
<param name="server" value="irc.freenode.net" />

I know that that server is working, but I get:

!!! Could not resolve server address irc.freenode.net.

Is there anything else that I would have to modify in order to connect? I have the correct port number also.

Thanks
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ThinkGeeknessSend Personal Message
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:42 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You have to sign the applet to connect to any server other than localhost, read the eirc forums @ http://www.sf.net/projects/eirc

Theres a tutorial on there somewhere for signing it for the ms java virtual machine, but I never did manage to track down a tutorial for the sun java thingy so I only ever managed to get it working for IE with ms java Sad.

Shame really, tbh its a pain in the arse, if you do work out how to sign it for sun java though let me know, I've wasted enough hours on it though Embarassed

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: