4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

www.affordablehost.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Gally
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 3:32 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey All,

I'm not a customer, but I think http://www.affordablehost.com is an excellent host. Very reasonable prices, US based, and the owner is very friendly and often frequents alt.www.webmaster as well.

My 2cents Smile

...I wish I could find another free host as good as F2S was, to get started on a project of mine. Any suggestions?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GallySend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 1:33 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I read somewhere in the phpBB forums that Affordablehost has banned phpBB from their servers Sad!

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 2:01 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Daniel wrote:

I read somewhere in the phpBB forums that Affordablehost has banned phpBB from their servers Sad!

true... and its in their TOS
http://www.affordablehost.com/tos.html

"Accounts using up enough server resources, to slow or crash a server, will be shut down. Popular BBS, webcams, forums and message board programs are generally not allowed, due to the massive amount of server resources they require. phpBB, phpNUKE, Yabb and UBB are strictly prohibited on all user accounts. (postNUKE is allowed)"

and it goes on.. they seem to want your $$$, and they DO NOT wish you to use what you pay for... (webhosting!)

Just based on the above, I wouldnt give them $0.01c

Selpaw Web Directory
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by selpawSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Gally
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:19 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

wow... well guess I should read more next time huh? Embarassed
at least I haven't signed up with them!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by GallySend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:04 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Warp wrote:

phpBB, phpNUKE, Yabb and UBB are strictly prohibited on all user accounts.

Just based on the above, I wouldnt give them $0.01c

I won't take it even if they give it for free. If they payme to host my site there I might consider Laughing

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 3:22 am (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

If they don't accept phpBB, what they offer then Question Exclamation Exclamation

You know that nowadays, for allmost sites, the one that has no Forums is a dead web site, a non-dynamic one ! Cause it doesn't allow to its guests to express themselfs !!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
jayant
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:27 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WebSketcher wrote:

You know that nowadays, for allmost sites, the one that has no Forums is a dead web site, a non-dynamic one ! Cause it doesn't allow to its guests to express themselfs !!

well that will be a very general statement. what if a site doesnt have a message board but allows to post comment on each page of the site Laughing

GZip/ Page Compression Test
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by jayantSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
WebSketcher
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:36 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

That's why I said "for allmost sites" Wink

jayant wrote:
...but allows to post comment on each page of the site Laughing

and this, according to me, means a little Forum Laughing
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by WebSketcherSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:39 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

WebSketcher wrote:

jayant wrote:
...but allows to post comment on each page of the site Laughing

and this, according to me, means a little Forum Laughing

Well, in a forum messages can usually be responded to, where as not all comments forms allow that (in fact, do any?).

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 7:40 pm (22 years, 3 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You're right Daniel Wink
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: