4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Who's online and Stats
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:35 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

on the forum index, I think it would look better if the "Who's Online?" and "Statistics" boxes where the same height, rather than one being smaller than the other.

just a thought Wink

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:39 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, it does look a little odd. To be honest, I only just noticed it, cos I normally keep the tab open (using moz) and 'centered' on all the forums Very Happy

http://community.34sp.com
http://www.miguel.me.uk | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk | http://www.ssdg.org.uk
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SfCommandSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:49 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

In IE it is the same size, but given that the fact that I had to use a "height" tag on the table to get it to work, which isn't valid HTML, it probably doesn't work in all browsers. I'm open to any other suggestions Smile, but I couldn't find anything which would do it.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:01 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

use height in css.

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:04 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

You think
Code:
style="height: 100%"
would do it?

Or I may just redesign it a little so that all this isn't needed Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:12 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hmm..redesign it how exactly?

Team Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:14 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Just put it into one table:

Code:
<table>
  <tr>
    <th>Stats &amp; Who's Online</th>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td width="50%">Who's Online</td>
    <td width="50%">Stats</td>
  </tr>
</table>

Smile

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:17 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Was just in middle of posting similar suggestion to adam's. One site I checked for info on browser CSS capabilities says it's supported from NS6+ and IE4+, with some quirks in earlier versions of IE, natch Wink

Don't know about '100%' -- probably worth a try though. I usually use pixels for that kind of stuff when I can, although that may give you some problems if your text isn't specced same way.

not a bad idea to redesign it -- you maybe could put some extra space between them to separate the two

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
adam

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:25 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think combining them is a good idea Smile

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:29 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I think th eheight: 100%; will work in CSS
But, ya putting them into one table would be good also Very Happy

http://community.34sp.com
http://www.miguel.me.uk | http://www.sfcommand.co.uk | http://www.ssdg.org.uk
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by SfCommandSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Hoobastank6889
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:11 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

www.phpbbhacks.com
There are many cool templates there, you guys can get one and just edit the colors a bit Very Happy

CirtexHosting Specials- Affordable and Quality WebHosting
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Hoobastank6889Send Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:26 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

umm... Hootbastank6889, this is already a custom template, and it suits the design of the main site. Why would we go and take a template which is already done, but which doesn't suit our design?? Question

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:45 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Done. Better? Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:15 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

much better Very Happy

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:18 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

As a finishing touch why not make the statistics title link to the stats page, just as the who's online link goes to who's online.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2  Next