4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

CEO-Shawn Is Going To Jail!
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:49 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well he could be, but may not, found this on cyberwingsowesmemoney.com :

Quote:
Dear **********,

At the present time, Mr. White has been indicted and convicted for wire fraud, Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1343, and is awaiting sentencing. However, that charge is unrelated to Cyberwings. Mr. White worked in the purchasing department of a company in Westbrook, ME and used his position there to order merchandise which he billed to the company and then sold on the internet for personal gain. It was the opinion of the U.S. Attorney that Cyberwings is a civil matter, a business failure, and not a criminal matter.

Kevin Stack
Postal Inspector
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:52 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well at least that might put him in jail!

Very Happy

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:13 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

An Update :

Quote:
Mr. White was indicted for wire fraud on December 17, 2002. He was arraigned on January 27, 2003 at U.S. District Court, Portland, ME. The indictment number is 02-126-P-H. At that time he was released on a $10,000 personal recognizance bond. On March 27, 2003, he pleaded guilty. He is currently on bail pending completion of the presentencing report by U. S. Probation. After that report is completed, Judge Hornby will set a date for his sentencing. His sentence will depend on the contents of the report and the U.S. sentencing guidelines. If he is sentenced to jail, where he is sent is up to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons.

K. J. Stack
Postal inspector
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:36 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
...It was the opinion of the U.S. Attorney that Cyberwings is a civil matter, a business failure, and not a criminal matter.

Kevin Stack
Postal Inspector

What? Surprised Being a scam artist isn't a criminal matter? Razz

'Business failure' is sort of understating things, don't you think? Rolling Eyes

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:30 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

as much as I dislike shawn, I think you'd have a hard time proving it was a scam....

Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:31 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm sure I would have a hard time, since I got a refund, but those who didn't shouldn't have too much trouble...

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:13 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yeah, I got a refund of the actual dollars I paid too, but ... Rolling Eyes

Even though it may not be technically and legally considered a scam, seems to me that CEO-Shawn's taking a $16K+ round-trip limo ride with revenue from new signups and then not even bothering to provide any real hosting for a lot of them's a scam, if not in letter, in spirit.

Could it be he was trying to emulate some of the more famous CEOs at Enron, WorldCom, Tyco, Fullabourbon, and ImClone?

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.

Last edited by verto on Mon May 12, 2003 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:08 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, I'm sure that 2Checkout is attempting all they can to get him put in jail, with all the money he owes them ($36 000)!

Maybe that explains why Shawn called himself "CEO-Shawn" Question

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:37 am (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

UPDATE :

Quote:
I spoke with the Clerk's office U.S. District Court in Portland, Maine (207-780-3356). They advised me that Shawn's presentancing report is due from the US Probation Dep on June 2nd. Once that report has been filed, a date for sentencing will be set. You can call them after June 2nd to obtain the date yourself. The Clerk said that the sentencing will likely be scheduled for a date toward the end of June or early in July, depending on the judge's calendar. If you want to pay Shawn a visit at the courthouse before he is (hopefully) carted off to prison, June/July is a lovely time to visit Maine Smile
sgemma
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:42 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I don't mean to butt in, but what exactly happened with this guy? Some type of hosting scam I gather?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by sgemmaSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:48 pm (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, the owner basically ran away with the money, after providing 6 months of service. He continually lied about what was happening when the servers were turned off/taken hostage by the datacenter. He also sponsored this site Embarassed

More info:
Arrow http://www.cyberwingsowesmemoney.com/
Arrow http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ (search for Cyberwings)
Arrow http://www.cyberwingssucks.com

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: