4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

ZeonHost - Avoid at all costs.
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:06 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well, from being a brilliant host, this one just turned into a joke, we've been having severe packet loss for weeks, and then we came to last week, where our server went down for 36 hours for no apparent reason.

Apparentley a hacker corrupted all of the hard disks, including the back up's boot sector rendering the service useless, so they rebuilt a server from the data on the drives they could get to, and put it live. Mention of Credit yet? Nope. Next thing that happened?

The same thing happened within 24 hours, and we had another 5 hour downtime. They Fixed that. Then Guess what? Hacked killed apache again, needed a reinstall, another 2 hours downtime. Was there any mention of credit? Or a months free hosting? None at all.

Next Day I looked at my website and I kept getting blank pages, reason? segmentation fault, cue another 4 hours downtime. Any Mention of credit yet? Of Course Not. All settled down for a while, then cue the next day.

I then got billed what appeared to be FIVE times, and was sent five invoices, and was also sent five reciepts, They claim I was only billed once, bank said I was billed five times, and they're doing a chargeback as soon as my account is gone.

These lamers really are beyond belief, what really made my mind up, is I got a security expert to check the server for flaws. Plenty, numerous, and many of them there were. Still haven't learnt their lessons have they?

Use at your own risk.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:22 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Thanks for the warning, Justin.

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:11 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well they're having some more lovely problems now, tech support just posted this, I'm glad I'm out :

Quote:
We are being attacked my a Massive DDOS attack directed against the Apollo shared IP of .150 We are being Hit with over 30,000 packets per second. It's not coming from a single source but is either being spoofed or Script-kiddied to hundreds of machines.

We are moving the sites on the shared IP to a new IP. We will then go thru the logs to determine if this is directed to peticular site or if it's just being directed to us personally.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:21 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Guess what I just got via email, ANOTHER INVOICE, AFTER I CANCELLED

Quote:
Dear Justin Johnson,

This letter informs you of how much was accrued/charged for the following
operations:
Login:Justin,
Account ID:#332679,
Plan:ZH-Bronze

INVOICE (BILL #395074)

Monthly fee for ZH-Bronze plan (4/21/03 - 5/21/03) $9.95
Monthly fee for f2steam FTP sub-account (4/21/03 - 5/21/03) $0.50
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:28 am (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Have they debited the money, or is that just a request for the money? Where do they process their payments BTW?

4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:19 pm (21 years ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't know, I can't check until tommorow...Online banking is offline over Easter for an upgrade....
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: