4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

I need to find.....
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
yukino_girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:18 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

anyone know where i can find a free host that offers:

php (i want to put up a phpbb board on my site),
mysql,
unlimited bandwidth
and 50megs

cgi bin optional

i'm bordering on desperate here ppl! lol
OfflineFind all posts by Anonymous
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:31 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Don't think your going to get unlimited bandwidth for free, and in any case, I would stay clear of unlimited bandwidth hosts as it is impossible to offer.

What is your site about, and how many users do you have?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
yukino_girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:36 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i have an anime site....right now i have a temp board (proboards) that i set up not long ago (as in a week or 2) and it currently has about 40 members....but i don't like the style to much and i really wanted to create a phpbb board.
yukino_girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:52 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i've been looking and looking and i just can't seem to find anything....so i'm turning to you ppl for help...
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:08 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Here are a few possible hosts:

http://www.staghosting.co.uk/
http://www.hostultra.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:45 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

i just checked out the host ultra one, but it doesn't say that you get mysql....i need both php and mysql
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:24 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yukino_girl, you may be interested to know that there are some sites around that will let you search for free hosts by your requirements, and often letting you use some of these type of criteria, such as by diskspace, transfer type, scripting language, database, etc.

Don't have any URLs at hand for them, but if I find one, may post it back. You should be able to find some of these with creative use of a pop Search Engine such as Google. Also, there was one of these posted in one of the forums on this site within the last month.

Would also advise, though, esp. when looking for a free host, to be sure to check their site yourself before investing much time. Not only do they have a tendency to go out of operation frequently, but some will change the terms of their offerings frequently as well, so many hosting databases will not be up to date. I noticed for example, when I took a quick look, that the first host service Daniel mentioned has a notice on their site they're not currently accepting signups due to abuse.

GENERAL DISCLAIMER:This disclaimer may be void where null in all cases unless explicitly not unprohibited or (p)re-exclusively assigned by sufficient presedimentation on behalf of every non-interested party to wit (or so it was said).
:::
.: :. . : :....: :.: .: :. verto .: :. . : :....: :.: .: :.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:04 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Oh, sorry about that. I have an account there but never heard about this.

About free web hosting directories, here's one:

http://www.freewebspace.net/

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:02 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

you could try: http://www.web1000.com/ they offer all what you requested, apart from php and mysql, doesn't say if you can use them, but check it out any way.

"I HAVE BECOME DEATH,
DESTROYER OF WORLDS".-Xzar

"WE'RE ALL DOOMED!".-Xan
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by Great_DemonSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's WebsiteAOL Instant MessengerMSN Messenger
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:05 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I'm sure they would advertise it if they supported it. It says "cgi-bin: Available 60-90 days", so that indicates to me that they don't support PHP.

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: