4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

overall_header.tpl (making changes)
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
toadeny
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:40 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

hi. i have tried many times to modify the overall_header.tpl to add a link for the statistics section on my site. each time i edit it (following the info file with the stats mod) i refresh my page and the styling craps out and i loose it all. (including the header)
i have followed the instructions of this mod and still my main header thingee gets stuffed. can anyone help me out?
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by toadenySend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:16 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

What does the Statistics mod tell you to change in overall_header.tpl?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:46 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

have solved the problem sorry. dreamweaver which i use for web coding was stuffing my code around and adding extra bits. i wish i had of used a txt edito, till i was browsing a forum on phpbb.com and found out that that could be a prob. never mind. thanks anyway. my stats mod and some of my own coding now work and i am happy with it (for now) although i wish i had of known earlier!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by toadenySend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:13 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Yes, using Dreamweaver for anything but plain old HTML is risky IMO.

Anyway, happy you got it working! Smile

Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:00 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

aren't there some options in dreamweaver that defines what code it is allowed to rewrite. You should be able to set it so it can't do anything on its own.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: