4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Login on all of site
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:19 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey could someone please tell me where i can find a php script that can log users in to phpbbb on my hole site like so somewhere on the page it will say welcome ... and they can see there private messages even if there not on the forum...Thanx
OfflineFind all posts by Anonymous
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:58 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Try looking at the Index Login mod on this page:

http://www.phpbb.com/mods/downloads/index.php?t=sub_pages&cat=2

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:46 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hey i tryed that script and it doesn`t work when you enter the information and click login it just take u to the forum and logs you in there. I was more looking for a script where it would load a thing where you enter the login information and it would tell you if you have any private messages and how many usersare online. Thanx
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by thorSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:57 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

When you're logged in and you go back to the page, doesn't it tell you if you have any PMs?

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:10 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Nope it just goes back to the login thing
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:12 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Could you give us a link to your board, so we can take a look?

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:17 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Smile

Last edited by thor on Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total
adam
Forum Moderator & Developer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:21 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

try setting the form action to "http://forums.carousel182.com/login.php" instead of "http://www.carousel182.com/forums/login.php"

I'm thinking a cookie is set for www.carousel182.com, then you're redirected to the subdomain.

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:51 pm (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

How would i do that?
adam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:17 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

just edit the bit of carousel182.com/login.php that says <form action="..." ...>, plain and simple Very Happy

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:24 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

It doesn`t say form action it has this

<?php
define('override_phpbb_root_path', 'forums/'); // path to the phpBB folder (if we're not in it), no beginning slash
@include(override_phpbb_root_path . 'index_login.php');
?>
adam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:26 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

take a look in the file "forums/index_login.php"

just to check, that is /public_html/login.php not /public_html/forums/login.php that you gave there, right?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:06 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

right...we were talking on msn, but you must've got disconnected or something and it's gettin' kinda late so I can't really hang around (when the screen starts to look blured I know it's time for sleep). Bascially, I think you're gonna have problems getting this to work, 'cause you have your forum on one subdomain and your site on another. The problem is that a cookie created for one subdomain cannot be accessed from a different one, as a security measure. Since the login info for the forum will be stored in a cookie, I don't see an easy way for a script on your main www. (or site.) subdomain to access that info, and so get the info about the user's phpBB account (i.e. how many private messages they have).

Perhaps you could find (or if I'm in a good mood tomorrow I may be willing to try and write one, but no promises Very Happy) a script that you could put on your forums.carousel182.com subdomain that displays the info you need, and then open that in an IFrame on your main site...that's all I can think of right now.

Sorry if that didn't make any sense, but I'm getting tired and can't really be arsed proofreading my post like I usually do Very Happy

WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:09 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

yeah that made sense thanx adam Very Happy
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:37 am (21 years, 1 month ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Sorry, going to butt in here again Razz

It is possible, but the cookies have to be set correctly in the forum configuration (Admin panel --> Configuration). IIRC, the cookie domain has to be left empty. If that doesn't work, then you probably have to put ".domain.com".

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next