4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

[Static IP Address Anywhere]
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
a_askia
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:37 pm (20 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hello Together,
I have the following problem and I will greatly appreciate it if someone could help solve this:
First let me describe the background: I have a Win 2k Server that is our local file server. This machine have an internal static IP address and use an other machine that connect to the internet over dialup. The Dialup machine is assigned a dynamic IP every time we make a new connection.
So we have our main offices server that have a static IP assigned by the ISP in the us and we would like to be be able to use the us based server to forward our Internet requests to the internet while keeping just our dialup to our local ISP in Germany.
Technicaly this will provide us with a low cost internet downstream over satellite and allow us to use the static IP of the us based server as the return path.
Any suggestion, tip or support in that way will be very appreciated.
Best regards.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by a_askiaSend Personal Message
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: