4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

Host Offering 5mb MONTHLY Bandwidth
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:36 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

http://freepagehosting.net/freeplan.htm

1 MB Disk Space
5 MB Data Transfer
Webpage Editor
File Manager
PHP4 Support
Instant Account Activation
No banners, no advertisements.

"The Free Plan comes 5 megs of data transfer a month. This is the amount of network traffic transferred from your account. To give you an example, 5 MB is roughly equal to about 250 page views per month."

Hurry before its gone!!!! LOL Smile And I thought Portland was the worst in terms of transfer!

Can you believe it? I'm surprised they have shut down yet, they're going to go bankrupt for sure if they keep up this kind of an offer!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Gandalf
WebHelper
WebHelper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:43 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Justin wrote:
... <snip> ... Can you believe it? I'm surprised they have shut down yet, they're going to go bankrupt for sure if they keep up this kind of an offer!

Laugh all you want, but at the time of this post their site is actually down. Could they have really gone out of business so soon? Smile That would truly be funny.

Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:56 pm (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

LOL! The site is down now, but I think I've seen it before (I saw a post on freewebspace.net about it I think).

Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:27 am (22 years, 2 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

On the left side of thier pages they havve 'Customer Testimonails' (probably fake!) and they also have a forum using phpBB v1.2.1, eek. And to top it off they stole the design of the netfirms website!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by rolySend Personal MessageSend email
Brendan
Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:24 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hi,

I just had to respond to these posts,

We are still very much in business although I had a re-think on the 5MB free package,

My thoughts behind offering such a small amount of bandwidth allowance was:

We host sites in their thousands and the majority (60%) of these sites use between 3 and 10MB of data transfer a month. I started FreePageHosting after a few years of domain name speculation and being frustrated that there was nowhere to host these domains free without banners. All I needed was 1MB of bandwidth and disk space to put my names in the marketplace.

I have also learned from our statistics that many people just need a place to put a small personal site but still want the use of some of the features that were included in the package. MySQL, cgi, php, perl, python, guestbook, forum, SSL and Cpanel.

Anyway that was the idea,

The site was built by a freelance web designer that I personally hired and paid,

This is not the funny bit, Twisted Evil

We obviously discovered that the site bared an uncanny resemblance to Net Firms to put it mildly.

Anyway that is all I wanted to say apart from I think its time to upgrade the forum and I dont think that this warrants being listed under - hosts - the bad ones.

roly they are not not fake mate.

Regards
Brendan Martin
FreePageHosting
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BrendanSend Personal Message
Ben
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 7:12 pm (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

how come its called freepagehosting when they arent really free? Rolling Eyes

Red and White Kop
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by BenSend Personal MessageSend emailVisit Poster's Website
verto
Senior WebHelper
Senior WebHelper

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 12:32 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Must be either a misnomer, Confused

or else maybe they're referring to that
if you cancel within 30 days,
you get your money back? Laughing

Not very free, either way Rolling Eyes
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by vertoSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 5:54 am (21 years, 11 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Maybe they started off with ONLY free hosting?

Junior WebHelper
Junior WebHelper

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:31 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Hosting is free for 12 months! Very Happy when you regsiter or transfer any domain name
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by ivaserverSend Personal Message
Daniel
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:37 am (20 years, 10 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Looks like they're not offering it anymore Very Happy

View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to: