4WebHelp
 FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups  •  Forum Admins  •  Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Rules   •  Login   •  Register
Toggle Navigation Menu

EcommerceDiscovery.com
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:03 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
Dear Justin Johnson,

Thank you for choosing Positive Software Corporation for your Web hosting needs.
We look forward to working with you to make sure you get the most
of your account, and we wish you success with your online venture.

You can access Control Panel right away using
http://d7344.u24.ecdserver.com/login.html . Over the next few days,
DNS servers all across the Internet will update themselves
with your new site name. Once that happens, you will be able
to access your site at its permanent address,
http://freedom2support.co.uk/login.html.

To log into Control Panel, use the following information:
Login: justin
Password: ********

To use FTP access:
Host Name: web.ecdserver.com
Login: justin
Password: ******

You can access your account immediately by going to
http://cp.ecdserver.com:8080/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:04 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
Dear Justin Johnson,

You have chosen to transfer domains "freedom2support.co.uk, Freedom2support.net, hadleigh.ws, bluesweb.co.uk, jsnwebservices.com". To complete the transfer,
you need to contact your Domain registrar and have the DNS information changed;
otherwise your site will never be available online.

These are the target DNS settings:
Domain name: freedom2support.co.uk
Primary DNS server: ns2.ecdserver.com 64.246.42.210
Secondary DNS server: ns1.ecdserver.com 64.246.42.18
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by JustinSend Personal MessageSend email
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:05 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Quote:
Hi

Yes. We are trying to just get everyone's site backup and running. Once everything is settled down. We will group everything all together when we our new system is ready.

To access add/delete mysql db, please goto http://cp.ecddns.com:8080 It will take a while to login id because part of that system is connected to web.ecddns.com sever.

Also, you need to goto http://cp.ecdserver.com:8080 to reset up all the mail box again.

PS: have you updated the dns record to match the backup server yet???

Regards
Josh C

----- Original Message -----
To: support@ecommercediscovery.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 7:09 AM
Subject: Question About Migration

Are the mySQL Databases going to stay on mysql.ecddns.com?

Thanks!

Justin
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:36 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Well I haven't had any emails like that, just this one after I had a bit of a moan...
Quote:
Your account has just been moved.  Your site should be back to live as soon as the dns is propagated.

I even asked about the temporary address for the CP which I see you were sent.
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:41 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

OK - I got into the control panel so my account is there...
I found the temporary URL to see the site, I tried it , it worked - I then tried a different page and got another one of those damn 500 internal server errors!!
OfflineView User's ProfileFind all posts by DarrenSend Personal MessageVisit Poster's Website
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:45 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Works fine from www.fancy-rats.co.uk here, just tried it. I don't know why your getting internals, that must be a caching issue, as what I get now every now and then is a long wait followed by a cannot find server error, I guess they are happening because data is still being copied, hence why things are a little slow.

New Servers been sent for co-location anyway, it's only a temporaray move.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:46 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I guess your waiting for your DNS Still to resolve, I believe your on blueyonder, and they're not exactly quick for updating theirs, due to the webcaches they use.
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:50 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Cookies are completely screwed for me now on my forums, I guess I'm going to have to get everyone to reset their cookies, as I've got two nightmares to deal with, first the move to a different server, and added to that, I've also moved everything over to a different domain, something tells me this isn't going to be very easy Sad
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:51 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Correct, I have noticed that before with blueyonder.
Yes that last 500 was just a temporary - I logged back in to the message board to find some members had been happily posting away as if nothing had happened. Laughing
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:56 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I do warn you though, this server is quite slow compared with the last one, but the main thing is we're back up now, and we'll be on a brand new server sometime soon Smile
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:09 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Now this confirms that the other 500 error I was getting was just some generic thing probably from cache. got this using the CP, I bet this server will die with the sudden influx of people trying to sort their sites out!
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@ecdserver.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.19 Server at cp.ecdserver.com Port 8080
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:38 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

Darren wrote:
Now this confirms that the other 500 error I was getting was just some generic thing probably from cache. got this using the CP, I bet this server will die with the sudden influx of people trying to sort their sites out!
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@ecdserver.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.19 Server at cp.ecdserver.com Port 8080

Thats a very very strange error message, particuarly when the server is running apache 1.3.23.

I think it has died altogether now, I may get onto Josh and ask him if it would be possible to put some more ram in it. as I think it's struggling, as it's got more sites on than the old server, and is about half the spec!
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:39 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I've got a weird problem this end, I can see your sig image, but can't access your site, get a cannot find server!
Justin
4WebHelp Addict
4WebHelp Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:40 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

and it pings fine too...Weird.
Darren
Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:57 pm (21 years, 4 months ago) Reply with QuoteBack to Top

I can get on my site, but can't see my sig image.
Weird doesn't even come close!
I give up, I think I'll just go into hibernation for a few weeks, wake me up when its all over and we're on a brand new server Wink
View Previous Topic Print this topic View Next Topic

Jump to:   

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next